CVA/VAWA Subgrantees Training Requirements
To meet the training requirements for the CVR/VAWA grants, please do the following:
- Understand how LAVINE serves victims of crime in Louisiana.
- Make sure that you can search statewide for an offender
- Make sure that you can register a phone number and an email address in LA VINE
- Display LAVINE posters and brochures by clicking HERE to order.
Follow us on
Click HERE to search for an Offender.
Click HERE to learn about the ROSTERS
Click HERE to order LAVINE materials (FREE!)
Click HERE to order Louisiana Victim Notification Forms
LAVINE is a service provided by the LCLE in cooperation with the Louisiana Sheriffs’ Association (LSA), Louisiana District Attorneys’ Association (LDAA), and the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections (DOC).
LAVINE will monitor the custody status of adult inmates in all parish jails and state prisons. By calling our LAVINE LINE (866-LAVNS-4-U) or by accessing our website at the above link, you may inquire about an offender’s status and, optionally, register to be notified upon any change to that offender’s custody status (i.e., release from jail, transfer to another facility, etc.).
LAVINE is FREE to victims who may call it ANONYMOUSLY and as often as they wish to register or to determine an inmate’s current status.
For More Information or Agency Training:
Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement
602 North Fifth Street
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802
Reporting Person Ineligible to Purchase Firearm[R.S. 184.108.40.206(E)(1)]
Licensed dealers should do the following:
1. Report to sheriff’s offices/departments as directed by law.
2. Report ineligible purchase to the LAVNS/LA VINE program Coordinator
Send to: Marshall Menou – Marshall.Menou@lcle.la.gov